I’ve managed to add functionality to the page to display they mobile phones GPS coordinates on the web page on the status page. I’ve also coded the status page to calculate a few interesting numbers.
1. The distance (Across the surface of the earth) from the user’s mobile phone to the HAB
2. The LOS from the users’s mobile phone to the HAB (i.e. we take into account the altitude)
3. The bearing – (direction from the user’s mobile phone to the HAB).
Obviously, the user needs :-
* Use a mobile phone with GPS
* Have GPS enabled…not the WIFI as a means of locating itself
* Allow sharing of location with the browser
This information will be very important when we need to track the HAB! I’m pretty happy with that!