A radio test has recently been conducted with good results.
* Using Radio-ACK version of RFD900 firmware
* Air speed of 8kbits/second
Was able to get:-
* Minimal loss of information (not getting a loss of sync)
* Successfully initiated a cut-down.
* Wasn’t able to get a picture (and didn’t try too long)
* Got a reasonably good RSSI (around about 60/60) not bad considering I had a lot of vegetation in front of me during the test.
Will be looking at doing a 40km test next. Just need to decide how we are going to do this test. I want to have the ‘flight’ batteries connected this time and do away with the battery/inverter set-up.